Friday, August 29, 2008

On the way to Vegas

Some notes from our Shadow Lane trip so far:

Thursday, Aug. 28, 2008
The day shows nothing but good omens. Car service is early, we are ready with time to spare. Last look around, last goodbye head scratch to the kitties, and we’re off. Driver is friendly and talkative (tales of his years with UPS), traffic is not bad and the trip goes quickly. At JFK, there are only two people in front of us at check in. Bags are both underweight, and because we bought our tickets a while ago, there is no charge for the bags (U.S. Air is one of those airlines that have started charging $15 for bags recently).

Security check in is fast as well; there’s hardly a line at all. Best of all, EVERYONE is pleasant and friendly. Am I still in New York? What's going on here? at 7:30 a.m., maybe they’re still too half-asleep to get their nasty on for the day. Whatever the reason, I’m taking and running with the good feeling.

We get our Starbucks, muffin, yogurt with granola, and relax at a table before moseying on over to our gate.

Oh, and damn, I realize I forgot my party tickets! I emailed Tony Elka from my cell phone (I LUV modern technology) and when we landed in Vegas, there was an email waiting telling me he’d help us out, that we were on a list. Thanks, Tony! Yes, I know – Paul has to spank me for that.

No comments: