Monday, December 1, 2008

But seriously...


Do I take my play "seriously"? I think there's a difference between taking it seriously and doing it 24/7. Even people who are "living" it 24/7 aren't doing it 24/7 -- there are times when you have to do other things, think about other things. The implication is that there are agreed-upon rules and if one is broken there will be a repurcussion at some point. So, while Rad and I may not have a 24/7 DD or TIH or HOH relationship, there are certain "rules" that I have and he doesn't have. For instance, being out the door by a certain time in the morning. If I didn't want to play and get spanked, I wouldn't have agreed to this rule. I'm also following a diet and exercise plan, and I'm supposed to be in bed by a certain time. All these things are good for me, but that's beside the point. There are things that are good for Rad that I don't impose on him. So is our relationship DD, then? I suppose, technically, although it's also just play.

Sometimes I submit to Rad. It gets very hard and intense. It's not "just play." It is also not just sex, although it's usually sexual (not when we're at a party or the club). Sometimes I submit to other people. Again, it is not "just play," and it's certainly not sex. I'm not a swinger. I'm not going around sleeping with others. Nor am I seeking just a "form of sexual pleasure." I expect there to be some pain, and usually some control. If I "brat," I expect to be punished. If someone ties me up, it's not just a physical thing. It may be "fun" sometimes, but I do tend to have an emotional reaction. I'm being held captive ... anything could happen to me ... what is this dom going to do to me?

So, "just play" vs. "serious"? Where's the line? I think it's probably crossed all the time.

No comments: