Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bonus blog -- Crunchy Caramel Apple Cream Pies


To all my dieting friends: I just had to share this recipe -- Crunchy Caramel Apple Cream Pies (second recipe down on the page), from Hungry Girl. I put some together just a little while ago (that's my photo above) and they are delicious, incredibly simple, and only 75 calories for four of them! I highly recommend bringing some of these treats to any party where you're going to be tempted by dessert. Just stick a bunch in your host's freezer until dessert time.

The Hungry-Girl website, by the way, is fantastic. I found out about it after seeing its creator, Lisa Lillien, featured in the January Better Homes and Gardens; Lillien also wrote a recipe book for people who like to eat without gaining weight.

Try it and let me know what you think. Feel free to share your own low-calorie snack and/or holiday survival tip.

No comments: