Monday, June 8, 2009

Crankypants at the airport

Thanks to no traffic, fast check in and barely any security line, we are at the airport with time to spare. There's free internet at Tampa International, so here we are, connected.

Goodbyes suck. We held court in the lobby for an hour or so, finally, reluctantly, rising to go pack the last few items and head out. I've fed my addiction for four-and-a-half days, now it's time to crash and burn and face the real world again. For some reason, this seems harder than ever. And I'm not even on the plane yet.

We've got a whole bunch of New Yorkers/SSNYers on the same plane, including Richard Windsor, Jules, J., L., C. ... maybe others. Richard was checking in when we arrived. Last night he was still gloating over his Trivia win. But this morning I think everyone was too tired for such silliness.

Met some interesting people this weekend. Brad from Md. said he wanted to hook up for dinner last night, so we checked in with him and he was at a Mexican place down the road. We drove over and joined him along with J., L., and Craig and Cindy from California. All very nice people. Cindy is a writer and in publishing so we were having a long conversation about that, and about writing in general.

As the conversation went on, I suddenly heard Craig mention Erica Scott. "Oh, you guys know Erica?" I said. They said yes. My brain kicks into gear. "Craig and Cindy? You're Craig and Cindy -- the famous Craig and Cindy from Erica's blog? OMG!" Craig looked very embarrassed but pleased at the connection. Naturally my interest was piqued -- Erica and I have similar play styles and I tend to enjoy playing with some of the same tops she plays with. (No "Single White Female" activity here, I assure you!)

It was late Sunday night and I couldn't take too much more by then. But Craig did work me over quite well and it was a nice session. Thanks for the "recommendation," Erica!

I think we'll be starting to board soon, so I'm wrapping this up. May write some more about the weekend later...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're more than welcome, my friend. Always happy to share wonderful tops like Craig with my spanking sisters! I'm glad you had such a great time. -- Erica

Anonymous said...

You sure make me sorry I couldn't attend the party! Hopefully, next year will be a different story!

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

I hope you both can get to the next one. Now, will we meet in California in October?

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
I *claim* Craig and Cindy as my discovery, but Erica made them famous...LOL-ask about Cindy and I breaking the SL Tops:) It was so good to see you again.
hugs,
Diane

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

Diane, it was great to see you, too. You are so much fun!