Friday, March 20, 2009

How did this happen?

I'm all for public humiliation play as much as the next person. But I think this goes above and beyond.

My highly calculated, scientific method of picking the winning teams didn't work. Now my only redeeming hope is to maintain my record of dead last in Rad's office pool. Two years in a row? I'm off to a great start!

Next time I'll use a better strategy than the number of letters in each team's name or who happens to come first alphabetically. I should have gone with Diane Chamber's method (I couldn't find a link to the actual episode, but The Huffington Post happened to discuss it yesterday:

"In an infamous episode of Cheers, Diane Chambers placed her bets for the football pool based on which animal/creature would win a fight in real life. (For example, clearly a (Chicago) Bear would beat a (St. Louis) Ram.) The result? She mopped the floor with everyone.)"

Sad thing is I haven't even paid Rad back yet for the $20 entry fee for the pool.

Hope your March madness bracket is doing better.

3 comments:

Radagast said...

All is not lost -- there's a small chance you won't be at the very bottom of the list.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, my Owls were beDeviled early on !

Have fun @ MSA. I'll be @ Ms. Margaret's social.
Maybe someday Jesse will have room for another couple.

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

Who was that masked commenter?