Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"This is our moment. This is our time."




"It's been a long time coming. Change has come to America."
-- Barack Obama's acceptance speech, Chicago, 11/5/08




And a parting shot :

Bye bye Barracuda!


I will probably share a little more about my feelings on this tomorrow. We are exhausted and way past our bedtimes. I'm relieved, still a little awed at the results, and uncertain what to think. I believe Obama is concerned about the well-being of ordinary Americans and will do everything he can to not screw us. That, more than anything, sums up why I supported him.

pics courtesy of Daily Kos

3 comments:

Indy said...

That speech was worth waiting up for. I hope Rad gave you a little leeway on punctuality this morning!

LauraT said...

Why I voted for Obama:
He wasn't in the same party as W.
His wife seems to be made of "real stuff".
His running mate was not Sarah Palin.
oh yeah..mumble mumble somethin about the hometown guy.

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

indy: we actually made it out the door on time!

Laurat: Were you in the park listening to him speak last night? Sarah Palin's made of some real "stuff," too...