Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Too tired ... plus pre-party thoughts

I was up at 5 a.m. or thereabouts, thanks to my wonderful fat orange kitty (yes, the one pictured here on my blog): He who never shuts up. After I fed him and was nice to him and scratched his back like a good mommy, THEN I noticed the surprise he'd left me on the couch. Grrrrrr. Nasty f***. He's such a pathetic, needy, lonely kitty, though, that I have to forgive him ... over and over and over...

I am working from home and it's only 8 a.m. now, so I may lay back down for another hour before digging in. I have a lot of reading to do. May take a walk over to the diner later and spread out with my manuscripts. It may be easier to read there than at home. I tend to do well with the low hum of background chatter. As long as no one voice rises above the others, then a dull roar is fine. I do well in a crowded Starbucks.

Other goals for the week are to work at returning calls, to call friends I haven't called in a while, to do some cleaning up around the house (laundry is not on the list right now; it will get done eventually, sometime before Shadow Lane). I've scheduled my Brazilian for Sunday, will get hair cut and highlighted today if I can get an appointment, will do nails on Monday or Tuesday or -- worse comes to worse -- after I get to Vegas on Wednesday.

I try not to think about the trip ahead because I know I will get obsessive and frantic. Yet, I must do SOME planning, not only to schedule play dates, but to prepare by shopping, organizing, etc. I don't NEED new dresses, shoes and panties ... I just need new dresses and shoes and panties. My usual mode is L.L. Bean or Birkenstock sandals, jeans (even at work, some days). My girly-girl side comes out at the parties, and I like to indulge it.

Other sides come out as well -- my flirty side, my submissive side (with the right people) and of course my toppy side, which many fine gentlemen, I'm sure, will allow me to express next weekend. Missing "The Boys" and happy that we get to catch up again ... you know who you are.

No comments: